Thursday, October 2, 2008

The Branch of the LORD

(for instructions to participate in this Name Droppin Carnival click the image)




I was going to post about the Jealous God today, Jehovah Kanna, but my heart is heavy in so many ways right now. He is showing Himself to be quite jealous for many right now but in keeping it real and transparent, I feel like Elijah and I want to find a tree under which to hide!


But the LORD in HIS KANNA grace brought me to another place!


I am posting this from a book called, Wonderful Names of Our LORD by Charles Hurlburt and T.C. Horton published by Barbour Publishing out of Ohio in 2002. It is a short "value book" but it holds more value than the dollar amount pasted on it.



I was feeling lowly in my spirit and I was about to get down so HE could lift me up then begin another day on the Psalms of the Ascents with Beth Moore in Stepping Up. But then I saw that book. I prayed, dear Jesus, I need you right now, I need a name to cling to, please speak to me and I opened this book to page 27 and this is where He took me:




The Branch of the Lord “in the day shall the branch of the LORD be beautiful and glorious.” Isaiah 42

By every means and picture which we can understand the Spirit reveals our Savior’s oneness with God. None is more clear or full of meaning to us than this, “The Branch of the LORD.” One with the father, growing out of and yet a part of HIM. And we are “branches” of Christ (see John 15). As we worship the Christ who is very God, we hear Him say, “If ye abide in me, ye shall ask what ye will, and it shall be done unto you.”

Altogether Lovely
“His mouth is most sweet; yea, he is altogether lovely.” Song of Solomon 5:16

Every earthly joy will pall, Every earthly friend will fall, only Christ is to the end, “Altogether Lovely,” Friend

Do you see His wondrous face? Full of glory, love and grace? Look, and all they need confess, Worship His pure Holiness.



This is NO mistake and no embellishment I nearly opened to another page without looking and my finger nail hit that page so I opened the book. You know my other blog is the Abiding Branch.

So I have a few things to say about all of this.....


The WORD is ALIVE and it does speak to those who abide!

The WORD is ACTIVE and it does work in those who abide!

The WORD is AFFECTIONATE and it does console those who abide!

The WORD is ZEALOUS and it does compel those who abide!

His Name is from A to Z all we will ever need! The BRANCH is better than any tree I could hide under. After all the tree is only His creation but the BRANCH is His name!
click on the picture for a poem about the BRANCH by little ol' me!
Rachele (aka Chel the Abiding Branch)

3 comments:

LISSALYNN2006 said...

now all you name droppers go read about the Alpha and Omega at http://lissalynn2006.blogspot.com

Chel said...

Whitney @ Baby Tunnel Exodus said...
He Is the Lover of My Soul; Jesus Bring The Rain...
http://babytunnelexodus.blogspot.com/2008/10/when-it-rains-it-pours.html
Be Blessed, Whitney

Chel's Leaving a Legacy said...

I loved this statement you made: "One with the father, growing out of and yet a part of HIM..." It's so hard for us to understand "Three Persons, One God" but that is a beautiful representation.

He truly is the only Branch to find shelter under, receive nourishment from, and produce beautiful fruit through.

Well done, my sweet sister!