Is is too seldom that we spend time on this particular name. I have been clinging to this name and not even realizing it. So, I thought I would share where God has been leading me in His Word."Transparency is not about letting people see you at your worst moment, but being willing to admit you have them. " quote by ME! :-) RP
Isaiah 53:2-4
2 He grew up before him like a tender shoot, and like a root out of dry ground. He had no beauty or majesty to attract us to him, nothing in his appearance that we should desire him.
3 He was despised and rejected by men, a man of sorrows, and familiar with suffering. Like one from whom men hide their faces he was despised, and we esteemed him not.
4 Surely he took up our infirmities and carried our sorrows, yet we considered him stricken by God, smitten by him, and afflicted.
3 He was despised and rejected by men, a man of sorrows, and familiar with suffering. Like one from whom men hide their faces he was despised, and we esteemed him not.
4 Surely he took up our infirmities and carried our sorrows, yet we considered him stricken by God, smitten by him, and afflicted.
I have never truly spent an abiding time desiring to share in the sufferings of my Lord and Savior. Do you long to "know" His sufferings?
Philippians 3:10 I want to know Christ and the power of his resurrection and the fellowship of sharing in his sufferings, becoming like him in his death,
If you saw the Passion of the Christ a couple of years ago you know how it felt when you watched this movie. This movie brought to life the sufferings of my Blessed Savior!
Have you seen this movie, or should I say "participated" in this movie?. See it was proclaimed as an "experience" instead of the usual "entertaining" description. My mother-in-law believes she saw this in English; she experienced every detail to the point of the gift of tongues (she heard English in their Aramaic)! She heard it, felt it, and experienced it.
2 Thessalonians 1:5 All this is evidence that God's judgment is right, and as a result you will be counted worthy of the kingdom of God, for which you are suffering.
Have you ever cried out as the Psalmist and the Prophets did in wondering when all the evil would come to an end? When will all those who hate God be punished and when there would be perfect peace? I know...I know.... I'm the only whiner right?
1 Peter 4:13 But rejoice that you participate in the sufferings of Christ, so that you may be overjoyed when his glory is revealed.
I have been derailed a time or two myself and suffered at the strike of my own hand and the hands of others. Both for my beliefs even by other Christians and from the result of my stumblings.
1 Peter 4:12 [Suffering for Being a Christian] Dear friends, do not be surprised at the painful trial you are suffering, as though something strange were happening to you.
But see Paul acted like he could not wait until his weaknesses reared their ugly heads??? WHAT?? Let's get weak? Well let me tell you all these sufferings will show us exactly how weak we truly are. In my suffering (oh the shame of it!), His salvation power is amplified!
Hebrews 2:10 says, "For it was fitting for Him, for whom are all things and by whom are all things, in bringing many sons to glory, to make the captain of their salvation perfect through sufferings."
In my weakness (I can't even open a jar 1/2 the time) His strength and ability is magnified! Hmm, I wonder if God is glorified from a jar? Yes He is a Jar of Clay!! The choice storage for Hidden Treasures!
2 Timothy 1:8 So do not be ashamed to testify about our Lord, or ashamed of me his prisoner. But join with me in suffering for the gospel, by the power of God, (this is where we defend that none want to suffer alone! lol)
In my weakness He is made strong (in me)!! Sufferings will bring about His harvest in us.
Genesis 41:52 The second son he named Ephraim and said, "It is because God has made me fruitful in the land of my suffering."
This is how we are to share in this name, Man of Sorrows.
Romans 5:2-4, "2through whom we have gained access by faith into this grace in which we now stand. And we rejoice in the hope of the glory of God. 3Not only so, but we also rejoice in our sufferings, because we know that suffering produces perseverance; 4perseverance, character; and character, hope."
I pray that you do not cringe at the thought of suffering for our Jesus. We seem to want all His characteristics but this one. Hmmm, I personally need to remember that sharing in His sufferings the result will be more of HIM and less of me.
Lovin' The Man of Sorrows today!!
Chel
3 comments:
Well, first, I love your quote about transparency! Great point!
Secondly, you are right about most of us not wanting this characteristic of the Lord...as a Suffering Servant. But I think most true believers really do want less of me and more of Him. I think we just don't always understand the cost.
Great post, sista.
I know you mean. I know that I "want" that too. I just have to remember "that" when I feel I am sufferin' somethin' awful. lol :-)I mean I don't look foward to the sufferings. man oh man. I think where I make it worse is when I try to avoid the sufferings and then it is double bad for me cuz I get the suffering and a double lesson. yikes.
Tootles, love you as always!!!
Chel
Yay God! Another new frister (that's friend + sister-in-Christ) in the blogosphere! Thanks for your comment on my blog and for this wonderful post! The Lord has surely blessed us D/FW girls, hasn't He? :)
Blessings to you!
Post a Comment